Saturday, March 10, 2012

The miracle power of praise

THE MIRACLE POWER OF PRAISE
The Collins Cobuild English Language Dictionary defines joy as "A feeling of great happiness and contentment." The Encarta Dictionary says joy is "Great happiness: feelings of great happiness or pleasure, especially of an elevated or spiritual kind."

Joy is a feeling of great happiness and contentment! The Bible calls it joy unspeakable that is full of glory (1 Peter 1:8). Joy is the trigger for accomplishments in life. You need it! You need to be joyful in order to be successful. Not only do you need joy to be successful, you equally need to be joyful to maintain that success.
Excitement is one of the cardinal laws that guarantees outstanding success in the kingdom. This is because until you are excited, you don’t excel. Your high places in life are inaccessible without joy. God knows that the more excited you are, the more you excel on earth.
The Bible paints a picture of how the man, David, handled a precarious situation in his life. Concerning the situation, God’s Word says: And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God (1 Samuel 30:6). David did not allow the fact that his mighty men had deserted him to discourage him, instead, he encouraged himself.
Joy is the pathway to exploits on the earth. It is God’s mystery for taking you to the top. If you do all that I have been teaching in this column so far, but you are not joyful, you may still not succeed in life. This is because the constant oozing of the joy of the Lord from you keeps you fresh, enables you to carry His presence always and brings you fresh insight and strength. 

God has reserved the top of the success ladder for you; but depression or lack of joy can stop you from getting there. Depression is Satan’s trap for stealing your joy, so he can steal your colourful destiny. Don’t allow him!
The Bible says: A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones (Proverbs 17:22). A broken spirit not only dries the bones, but also robs you of your colourful destiny. Knowing this fully well, Prophet Habakkuk refused to be broken down (Habakkuk 3:17-19). My friend, get excited! Come out of every mourning and open up to the joy of the Lord. Be excited about your spouse, career, business and children, because that is the highway to exploits in life. Only then will God make you to walk upon your high places.
For instance, I have never needed any encouragement since God called me into full-time ministry. I am ever excited, giving no room to depression. In January 1984, our average Sunday attendance was six people. But I was ever joyful. I would still preach to them as though they were thousands of people in the church.
One day, after having jumped up and down preaching to the people, I said to them, "Don’t mistake me for a fool; I see crowds outside there."
The first day my wife attended church service in Kaduna (we were still living in Ilorin then), she couldn’t believe the service had ended when we closed. This was because she couldn’t match the excitement she always saw in me with the reality of the number of people in church that day.
Get excited over your job! Many are not excited over their jobs; that is why they are not excelling in them. Sit joyfully behind those planks you are selling and see people mysteriously coming to buy them from you. Get excited about your home and see God perfect everything that needs perfecting in it. Once you are able to master this secret for exploits, you will stay above always, never beneath.
I see joy as the catalyst of destiny (Amos 9:11). It gives you open doors for a complete turn-around in your life and your career. It makes your destiny to flourish. The joy of the Lord causes your life to keep flourishing. You can move God by your joy. Whatever position you may be in now is worth being excited over.
Excitement as I said, is a cardinal law for outstanding success. Every form of depression makes you a victim of the enemy, but excitement guarantees you a place in the high places of the earth. Joy will never cease from your habitation, in Jesus’ name!
Friend, to have a genuine access to joy, you have to first be a child of God. You become a child of God by confessing your sins and accepting Jesus as your Saviour and your Lord. If you are set for it, please say this prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Today, Lord Jesus, I accept You as my Lord and Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now I know, I am born again! 

I will continue this teaching next week.
I invite you to come and fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaan Land, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. Our midweek services hold on Wednesdays between 6 and 8 p.m. We have three services on Sundays. The first one holds between 6.30 and 8.30 a.m., the second between 8.45 a.m. and 10.45 a.m. and the third between 11.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m.
Every exploit in life is a product of knowledge. For further reading, please get my books—Exploring The Secrets Of Success and Understanding The Power Of Praise.
I know this teaching has blessed you. Write and share your testimony with me through: BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO, Faith Tabernacle, Canaan Land, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; or call 7747546-8; or E-mail: bishop@davidoyedepoministries.org

No comments:

Post a Comment